~As for me and my scraps, we will serve the LORD!~
Feel free to visit my photo blog 365 Project...Photos of Faith, Family, Friends

Friday, February 15, 2008

Response to "the Tagger"...

I got on 4shared today to see how many downloads the last freebie had and wanted to see what comments were left...yes yes, I am a comment freak, i LOVE comments (good or CONSTRUCTIVELY criticizing) because sometimes they help me better my products or sometimes they just make me feel good to know that you guys like something I made....
Well in my 4 shared comments the following was left by "Tagger"....
"Well in searching for a scrap kit to make tags with I found this but your TOU is not letting us use it to make tags.

HOPE EVERYONE REALIZES WHAT A SNOB YOU ARE.

Making tags does not mean we are taking credit away from you."

In response to "tagger" (whomever he or she may be), I am sorry you feel that I am a snob. I assure you (and anyone who has taken more than 2 seconds to contact me could probably assure you) I am not a snob. This is something I probably shouldn't even be addressing, seeings how you did not email me or even comment in a way I can respond. In my TOU it says no commercial use including tags...this is because I have had people steal my stuff, call it there own and make tags using it (claiming they make the items they use in their tags).....HOWEVER, if you would have read the line in my TOU a couple lines before that it says that IF IF IF you contact me, I will consider it on a case by case basis....it is called common courtesy to ask a designer (of ANYTYING, not just scrapbooking) for their permission to use something they created for something that might make YOU a profit.....

There is a fabulous site that is geared toward taggers. It is DesignsByHelly (http://designsbyhelly.blogspot.com/)...I love her grunge and full forward effect of her designs!
But you know what? If you use her designs GIVE HER CREDIT and maybe she won't have to start restricting who can use what....and next time, email me because believe it or not, I have *gasp* actually okayed use for things that were "off limits" simply because someone took the time to ask.


I have to wonder if people feel "ok" to make such generalizations without making some effort to get to know a person in real life? Or it is just a case of people running from site to site snagging freebies and who normally wouldn't have commented in a nice way? BUT I will say, and I want everyone to hear this, thank you "tagger" for actually READING my TOU...just for that I would have given you use of my freebie provided you weren't making a profit from it.

I hope this did not come across as being rude or "snobbish" in itself, I guess I just felt the need to address that someone felt shortchanged or hurt by something of my doing :(

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Fantacy,

Unfortunately not everyone is as gracious and friendly as you are. Not everyone can be personable on the internet. So people feel it's OK to be rude because there is so much anonymity with the internet. Thanks for all you do and try to ignore those who are thoughtless "takers".

Jen said...

(((hugs))) I for one can say that you are the LEAST snobbish person I have EVER met. That includes online and in person. It just makes me so angry when people don't even attempt to contact a designer to get permission and just fling insults about no commercial use, scrap for hire, etc. Didn't their momma ever teach them that you catch more flies with honey? Seriously, the rudeness of some people astounds me.

Mara said...

In my opinion Tagger did not deserve any answer and time of you.
there was no need for you to justify in anyway your way of tou and handling with freebies. They are your freebies and you decide how to give them away and for what.
Even if you would give them only red haired men, younger then 12 and taller the 10 feet, it would be your buisiness :-)

But I can anyway understand you wish to answer to these kind of comments.

Please do not think about it anymore, Mrs Tagger has no education in communication, otherwise she would have asked kindly for what she wanted.

Anonymous said...

Very well said!! Thank you for all that you do.

~lou

Anonymous said...

Geez oh Pete's, "Tagger" needs to get a life! Your TOU seems perfectly reasonable to me, and her response is WAY out of whack! It always ticks me off when a few jerks (or as we say around here, stink-heads) make the world a little worse for everyone. I'm so sorry she upset you with her thoughtless comment. She obviously had some personal issues. You are SO not a snob, and the rest of us really appreciate all your beautiful work! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Geez oh Pete's, "Tagger" needs to get a life! Your TOU seems perfectly reasonable to me, and her response is WAY out of whack! It always ticks me off when a few jerks (or as we say around here, stink-heads) make the world a little worse for everyone. I'm so sorry she upset you with her thoughtless comment. She obviously had some personal issues. You are SO not a snob, and the rest of us really appreciate all your beautiful work! Take care!