Wow, Melanie sure knows how to guilt a girl into doing a questionnaire! Sheesh! (um but yeah I am so going to use the same tactic ;) )
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love the quickness of bags, but c'mon, seriously, wrapping paper is ALWAYS the best!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial, but told Mike that just once I would like to try a real tree :)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first week in NOVEMBER, but this year not until the day before Thanksgiving...and it STILL isn't decorated, only has lights on it.
4. When do you take the tree down? Normally the week the kids go back to school...it always depresses me to take it down so I do it when they are not home.
5. Do you like eggnog? I think I would, I know I love eggnog milkshakes!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't say which was my FAVORITE, but my most surprising one was the year we got our first Cabbage Patch Kid :) (and that was the only one I had until I was an adult!)...for 1 we never got expensive gifts at Christmas, for 2 it was the year that there were riots over them, we lived in Knoxville TN that year and it was all over the news that people were being trampled and beat up over them! My mom happened to be walking by the doors that led to the loading dock and an employee stuck her head out and let mom know there was a shipment being unloaded :D She said she just couldn't pass it up :)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Just about everyone this year :(...with finances what they are it is hard to find "the perfect gift" with no money lol
8. Easiest person to buy for? definitely Tink (Chloe)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep! I collect them :)
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both :) I email a lot but I also mail ones to certain family/friends and always try to mail ones to people who mail them to us :)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The year Mike bought me the generic walmart plastic tupperware stuff, which wouldn't have been "the worst" if he hadn't asked me a week before Christmas "Hey hun, you want to open your gift early?" I said "I do, but I don't...I think I'll just wait" He said "no, really go on and open it, I REALLY want you to" so I did and it was that (I thought it was just a joke and there was something else in the box) When I opened the box and saw the bowls with lids, he said "Thanks, now can you hand me the big one for the left over spaghetti?" He had made spaghetti and needed a bowl for it....sigh :P
Let me say that he TOTALLY rectified it a couple years later when he bought me my first digital camera!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Muppets Christmas Carol hands down!
13 When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas :)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have but honestly not against it lol especially if it were something that I didn't really care for but I knew someone who did.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mike's grandma's Sweet Potato Casserole or his other grandma's vinegar cole slaw!
16. Lights on the tree? I use colored and white :) (it isn't as gross as it sounds!)
17. Favorite Christmas song? wow this one changes for me all the time :)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I think it would be nice to wake up at home on Christmas Day, but I would feel so let down if we didn't wake up at my mom & dad's....so I really can't answer this :(
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher Dancer Prancer Vixen Comet Cupid Donder (or Donner) and Blitzen....and of course Rudolph, duh!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? usually a Teddy Bear dressed like Santa
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? here at home we do it Christmas late morning, but we open presents at his grandma's and then at his dad's Christmas Eve (I think we are combining his mom's and his dad's this year though!) and ONE present at my mom's Christmas Eve (new pajama's and slippers), then we open presents at my mom's at like 4 or 5 a.m. at my mom's, go back to sleep for a couple hours then head home for gifts and showers and then off to his other grandma's then to his mom's :) (yeah we are wore out by the time those 2 days are over)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Grumpy people!!!! Seriously guys, we can CHOOSE to be in a cheerful mood no matter how long lines are, what gifts are sold out, or how far we have to park from the store!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love anything handmade or "countryish" :)
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? see question 15 :)
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? hm what I WANT or what I wish for....I want my kids & hubby to have a great and happy Christmas but if you are asking what I would personally wish to have for myself it would be a DSLR Camera with a few awesome lenses :)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Everyone who loves me (stealing melanie's tactic)
27. Who is least likely to respond: People who do not love me. (stealing melanie's tactic)
So, now if you love me- post your answers! Let me know if you do play along so I can check out your answers.